Bundled gems are Ruby Gems (third-party libraries) that are installed by default when Ruby is installed. Unlike standard library, these gems can be updated independently from Ruby itself.
Current list of bundled gems:
- MiniTest: A test suite with TDD, BDD, mocking and benchmarking
- Net::Telnet: Telnet client library for Ruby
- PowerAssert: Power Assert for Ruby.
- Rake: Ruby build program with capabilities similar to make
- Test::Unit: A compatibility layer for MiniTest
- XMLRPC: Remote Procedure Call over HTTP support for Ruby